Each year, NAFA sponsors and participates in a wide range of galas, events, trade shows, buyer and student workshops and market visits to promote our high quality and diverse fur collections in key markets around the world.
2017 was an eventful year for the promotional initiatives of NAFA, together with the North American Wild Fur Shippers Council, around our diverse assortment of sustainable and ethically sourced wild furs.
Here is a breakdown of some of the areas we’re proud to share with you from 2017:
- Attendance at over 11 international fur fairs and fashion trade shows around the globe, promoting NAFA’s collection, including Beijing Fur Fair, Hong Kong Fur Fair, TheOneMilano (MiFur), Fur Excellence in Athens, Kastoria Fur Fair, Premiere Vision Paris , CHIC Shanghai (fall and spring), China Haining Fur and Leather Clothing, China (Yuyao) International Fur Exhibition, Chapeau (Moscow), and Lineapelle (Milan).
- The launch of FRONTROW Fur in Fashion Issue #3 – a 136-page fashion-forward glossy magazine focusing on NAFA Furs – in Paris, Shanghai and New York, with distribution to upwards of 10,000 designers, customers, and brands in North America, Europe and China, featuring over 60 pages of wild fur promotion.
- Sponsoring Media Day in Moscow, attended by over 60 media representatives from fashion glossies, Vogue, Elle, Marie Claire, Fashion Collection, Shopping Collection, Glamour, Harper’s Bazaar, Tatler, InStyle, L’Officiel as well as trade media Fur and Leather World, Fur Auctions and Soft Gold.
- Sponsoring, participating or hosting 9 fashion shows, Top Lot or Co-op events and galas, including the TheOneMilano (MiFur) Finale, in which 10 of Italy’s top designers presented a unique capsule collection of garments and accessories.
- A week-long Studio NAFA workshop in Toronto to support student designers, annual sponsorship of the NAFA Cup, the JFA, as well as participation in REMIX design competitions in Asia, Eurasia, and North America.
- The launch of our NAFA Heritage Designer Campaign, showcasing designer garments in a remote, wilderness setting, placing NAFA’s sustainable, wild furs such as lynx, sable, red fox and beaver at the forefront. The messaging and look of the campaign gained positive traction around the world, notably in China where there have been requests for our wild fur images for stores and billboards.
- 34 pages of advertising in key markets, including extensive coverage in Russia: 15 pages of print advertisements, 50 NAFA fur product credits and publicity features in fashion magazines, over 30 social media posts, and extensive co-op promotion.
- Opening NAFA House, a brand-new 1800 square meter office facility in Tong’erpu, Liaoning Province, equipped with 4 auction viewing rooms, along with dining and lounge area for customers.
- Six rounds of Buyer Outreach Workshops for both new and existing NAFA customers and manufacturers in key fur markets, including hands-on grading sessions of NAFA Northern Wild Fur goods.
- Designer workshops in Kastoria, Greece, Kharkiv, Ukraine and Seoul, Korea, bringing in talented designers such as Rick Sun (China), Feliks Rodionov (Ukraine), and Farley Chatto (Canada) to teach new techniques and trends with NAFA furs. Workshops also expanded to educating retailers about the different characteristics of NAFA furs to better their sales tactics during the bustling retail season.
A big thank you to all of our wild fur shippers that help make this happen! Your membership in NAWFSC helps us support the promotional efforts of the NAFA marketing team.
As 2018 unfolds, NAFA looks forward to the opportunity to participate in many more spectacular galas, events and workshops, and to a continued emphasis on promoting wild fur in both new and traditional markets.
Check out coverage of all our events and press at: http://fashion.nafa.ca/events-press/